This may be episode 9 of Idol Memories, but this week American Idol Executive Producer, Nigel Lythgoe, is taking us back to Season One’s Top 10! Contestants performed in front of a live audience for the first time, which came with its perks and complications. Nigel breaks down each performance – the good, the bad, and the disappointing from the Top 10 to the Top 6. The producers knew the live shows were a make it or break it moment for the show and they did not disappoint!
On this episode of Idol Memories, Nigel Lythgoe covers:
- Perks of being in the Top 10
- Filming with a live audience for the first time
- Breakdown of the contestants’ performances
- Paula’s prewritten putdowns
- Contestants’ medical issues
- The most and least surprising eliminations
And much more!